Fuel additive for unmistakable driving characteristics.
Besides following the recommended Porsche maintenance intervals it is important to use the Porsche approved fuel supplement - Keropur. Because poor fuel quality may result in deposits forming on the inner surfaces of the engine and the fuel system, which could lead to the following:
- Reduced performance
- Increase of fuel consumption
- Engine failure and/or reduced engine life
Due to these factors and in order to protect the vehicle’s engine, the Porsche approved fuel additive Keropur has been introduced and can be used for all Porsche models.
The regular usage of Keropur helps to:
- stop the build up of carbon on spark plug electrode, which can cause misfires.
- prevent carbon build up in the chamber, which can increase compression temperature causing pre-ignition of air fuel mix.
- prevent build up of deposits on top of valve optimising air fuel mixture.
- prevent deposit build up at injector nozzle which helps fuel flow.
The effectiveness of Keropur depends on its continuous utilisation. Accordingly every time refuelling the vehicle one can of Keropur needs to be added. Preferably for reasons of blending the additive should be added before refuelling.
You can purchase Keropur from all authorised Porsche Centres. For more information about Keropur please contact your local Porsche Centre, they will be more than happy to assist you. You may also refer to your Guarantee & Maintenance booklet.
The video above shows you the working process of the combustion chamber and the relevant parts of your engine, such as spark plug, valve, piston and injector nozzle, which are protected by the use of fuel additive.