Adverse weather conditions
On occasions when adverse weather such as floods, heavy thunder and lightning challenge external resources, some operations may become physically impossible until the weather improves. During such times, our main priority is to ensure that you and your passengers are taken to a safe place; the recovery of your Porsche may not be possible until weather conditions permit it.
Keys locked in your Porsche
Modern security systems make it extremely difficult to gain entry to your Porsche should the keys not be available. If spare keys are also not readily available, you may wish to engage a locksmith. However, you will be responsible for payments to the locksmith at the time of service.
In the case of a false statement, Porsche Assistance shall have the right to refuse any or all benefits.
In the unlikely event of a dispute arising, for which a satisfactory solution cannot be found, Porsche Assistance reserves the right to appoint an independent third party to act as an arbitrator to resolve the matter.
Porsche Assistance reserves the right to withdraw or amend services to this programme without notice.
Porsche Assistance shall not be liable for failure to provide services under the terms of service set out in this document if such failure is caused or contributed by acts of nature, acts of a public enemy, acts of governmental authority or any political sub-division or any department or regulatory agency thereof or entity created thereby, acts of terrorism, orders of any court or arbitrary body, acts of any person engaged in subversive activity or sabotage, strikes, embargoes, delays due to any of the above causes or events beyond our reasonable control.
Benefit levels – hotel and car hire
During the course of service, Porsche Assistance will make arrangements and pay for hotel accommodation and car hire as applicable within the terms of this policy. If you request to upgrade the hotel room or type of car hire arranged by Porsche Assistance, you will be responsible for any difference in costs. You will be required to pay these additional costs at the time of service.
Removal of belongings prior to recovery
Please ensure that you remove all belongings from your Porsche prior to recovery. Porsche Assistance will not be responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings left in the Porsche.
Exceptions to the Porsche Assistance programme
Porsche Assistance is purely intended to cover emergency situations. As a result, this programme will not cover any of the following problems that you may encounter while driving your Porsche - unless there is a real and discernible threat to your personal safety and the safety of others:
- Faulty fuel gauge.
- Speedometer not working.
- Air-conditioning not working.
- Boot cannot be opened.
- Front and/or rear demisters not functioning.
- Horn not functioning.*
- Door mirrors damaged.
- Rear view mirror damaged but not obstructing the driver’s vision.
- Fuel cap is damaged or faulty and the Porsche has enough fuel in the tank to enable it to reach the nearest Porsche Service Centre.
- Roof of convertible cannot be opened.
- Sunroof cannot be opened.
- Windows cannot be opened.
- Seat adjustor is faulty but the Porsche can be safely driven.
- Passenger seat belts faulty and there are no passengers in the Porsche.
- Security system faulty but the Porsche is not immobilised and alarm is not sounding continuously.
- Transmission stuck in sports/winter mode.
- ABS lights illuminated.
- Air bag warning lights illuminated.
- Traction control lights illuminated.
- Other non-safety related lights/service warnings illuminated.
- Running out of windscreenwasher fluid.
- Rear windscreen wiper faulty.
Whilst the services rendered under Porsche Assistance are intended to be at no cost to you, we wish to clarify that we will not be responsible for the following:
- Loss or damage to any property carried in or on your Porsche.
- Any expenses incurred without the prior authorisation of Porsche Assistance or not expressly provided for in this policy.
- Cost of replacement parts.
- Cost of repairs made to your Porsche.
- Any costs resulting from participation in motor racing, rallies, speed or duration tests.
- Any costs resulting from your Porsche being kept in an unroadworthy condition or not being serviced in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Any costs as a result of damage and/or claims caused while the driver was operating the Porsche under influence of alcohol, solvent abuse, drugs, or other illegal substances.
- Any costs resulting from participation in a criminal actor offence.
- Any consequential losses arising directly or indirectly from the immobilisation.
- If, as result of a road trafficaccident or other incidents, specialist equipment is required during the course of recovering your Porsche, the cost for this specialist equipment will be your responsibility. We recommend that you seek reimbursement of such costs under the terms of your motor insurance policy.
- In the event that the authorities or other authorised organisations recover your Porsche, it will be your responsibility to pay any resulting release fees before we can remove your Porsche to a Porsche Service Centre.
If, in the opinion of Porsche Assistance, we believe that a recurring fault is due to poormaintenance of your Porsche, we reserve the right to request proof of servicing and to specify immediate recovery to a Porsche Service Centre.